This has been a life-changing year for me, in terms of practicing what I preach — rather than just all talk. Sometimes it takes a life-threatening situation to make you wake up and smell the roses. The scent of the rose always stays in the hand of he who gives it away.
All at once those things that you’ve always taken for granted, become the most precious things in your life. Family, friends, and a spiritual awakening become the focus of a renewed source of strength.
I therefore resolve to honor this new appreciation of life by:
- PUTTING OTHERS FIRST: That the bond of love and rewards of giving are returned ten-fold. That which you cannot give away, you do not possess. It possesses you!
- FINDING CONTENTMENT WHERE I AM: Happiness is not having what you want — it’s wanting what you have!
- FORGIVING OTHERS: Forgiveness is giving up all hope that the past could have been different!
- PLEDGING MY LIFE TO MY GRANDCHILDREN: May the road most traveled by my Grandchildren be driven by the forces of integrity, honesty, decency, and an unbridled faith!
- LIVING MY LIFE TO THE FULLEST: Life is an out of body experience—make the most of it!
- FOLLOWING MY INSPIRATIONS: Your inspiration is your ultimate calling in life. When you find it, marvel at its beauty and simplicity—and really have a passion for wanting it!
- LIVING MY LIFE TO THE FULLEST: I am what I am—because of what I was, and living the most important time of my life!
- MEASURE MY LIFE BY WHO I AM—NOT WHAT I HAVE. Life is a balance between holding on and letting go. And to realize that our most valuable possessions cannot be measured or counted. To have everything except Jesus Christ is to have nothing; to have nothing except Jesus Christ is to have everything!
- LIVING FREE: To be free is to be able to live like you’ve never been hurt!
- LIVING HUMBLE: Humility is the reward of failure and disappointment!
- BUILDING A LEGACY OF HONOR: Leaving a positive influence on those I’ve loved!
- LIVING THE CONVICTIONS OF MY LIFE: To speak up and be a voice for those less fortunate!
- CORINTHIANS 13:7 Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, and endures all things.
||"PONY TALES by" Ponty is written by Ken E. Knight, the author of the “Knightro Report”, a nationally syndicated livestock-marketing column, which is featured in the "Farm And Livestock Directory" every month.